Information you provide directly to Ready, Select, Start Sites. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a Ready, Select, Start Site. Ready, Select, Start Sites may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Web Site, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postcode;
- Information for a public profile, such as your interests and the address of your web site;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver’s license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service (e.g. contests);
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
Information we collect automatically on Ready, Select, Start Sites. Ready, Select, Start Sites may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting a Ready, Select, Start Site;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within Ready, Select, Start Sites;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to and viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners, and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third-party services (such as Facebook Connect) through a Ready, Select, Start Site, your username and password for those services and other information available about you on those services, as described in our overview of;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Ready, Select, Start Sites.
Use of Information.
We generally use information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Provide you with special offers and promotional materials on behalf of Ready, Select, Start Sites, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Analyze the use of Ready, Select, Start Sites and information about visitors to our Web Sites to understand and improve our service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a Ready, Select, Start Site;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Visiting from Outside the United Kingdom
Ready, Select, Start is headquartered and hosted in the United Kingdom. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Ready, Select, Start Sites may be processed and transferred to the United Kingdom and be subject to law of the United Kindom. The privacy and data protection laws in the United Kingdom may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any Ready, Select, Start Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United Kingdom.
Privacy Protections for Children
Most Ready, Select, Start Sites and content are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. To access some age-restricted content, Ready, Select, Start may ask for a birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken in connection with information collected from children under 18. In those instances where a Ready, Select, Start has actual knowledge that it collects information from children, or offers a service directed toward children, it will comply with applicable laws, including the UK Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 and we follow all guidelines set out by The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre.